About Bishop Minerva G. Carcaño
Bishop Minerva G. Carcaño has been assigned by the 2012 Western Jurisdictional Conference to be the Resident Bishop in the Los Angeles Episcopal Area beginning September 1, 2012. The Resident Bishop provides leadership to the California-Pacific Annual Conference, which includes southern California, Hawaii and other islands in the Pacific Ocean.
The assignment began September 1, 2012.
You can read more about Bishop Minerva G. Carcaño here:
- Cal-Pac Update newsletter of July 20, with additional information about the bishop's ministerial background
- Episcopal Address by Bishop Carcaño to the Western Jurisdiction on July 19, 2012. Bishop Carcaño is currently the President of the Western Jurisdiction's College of Bishops.
- Episcopal Vitae
- Greetings! from the Bishop to the California-Pacific Annual Conference
- On October 26, 2012, the Episcopal Office announced that Bishop Carcaño has been elected President of the General Commission on Religion and Race. Felicitaciones, Obispa!
The Conference is grateful and excited about the dynamic leadership of Bishop Carcaño and looks forward to welcoming her to southern California and Hawaii.
- Photos from the affirmation of Bishop Carcaño's appointment at the Western Jurisdictional Conference
- Photos and videos from the Welcome Celebration on September 23, 2012.